Wednesday, February 27, 2008

birthdays & the cat formally known as "cheetarah"...

26!! i´m officially closer to 30 than 20 now. at least i´m off to a good start... instead of celebrating my birthday with blizzard like last year, this year I was able to hang out in granada with some of my friends. warm weather, steak, american breakfasts, margaritas & toña and dancing! here are some pictures from the festivities.......
The cathedral and view of the downtown Granada.

with Cara in the park...

two of my favorite people in nicaragua, Cara and Cesar

Me & Cesar, after our meal of steaks and red wine...yum!
Dancing at "El Club"

i´m also now a "proud" pet owner. i´ve adopted a cat from a couple of other volunteers, mainly to control the little mouse problem in my house. they had named her cheetarah, apparently after one of the Thundercats, but i decided to pick a name thats a little bit easier, "mimi". well, she´s run off the mice, but i now have the pleasure of being woken up at 5 am everyday!!! fun, fun. i guess life is full of these little "trade-offs".....

"mimi"

1 comment:

tdoran said...

Happy Birthday! Your grandpa showed me your sail fish pictures at church today and gave me your blog address. I will use it to keep up to date. It was 70' yesterday and now it is snowing again - ARGH!