Sunday, November 25, 2007

happy thanksgiving...a little belated

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone had a good holiday. I was able to celebrate Thanksgiving here as well....I went to the house of an Embassy family with some other volunteers. The family was really nice and the food was great! Turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, even pumpkin pie (which is a big deal because they don´t even sell pumpkin in Nicaragua so that had to be ordered from the states!)

Before Thanksgiving, I spent the week in Managua for our annual All Volunteer Conference...which along with some training sessions, basically involves staying in a nice hotel and eating a lot of really good food. It was really hard to come back to cold showers and a hard bed after being there for so long. I was also able to go to the ManĂ¡ concert...now I realize most of you have no clue who ManĂ¡ is, but they are a really popular Mexican rock group who has been around for a long time. We were really fortunate to be able to go because I guess when they play in the states, tickets sell out really fast and are much more expensive. Down here, my VIP ticket only set me back $30!

Other than that I´m just counting down the days until I come home and until my friend comes to visit next week! See you soon....

No comments: