Monday, June 11, 2007

This entry is dedicated to my cousin Jackie!! Sorry I don´t write more often.

Well, I´m still keeping very busy with training. Fortunately, we usually have free time on the weekends. I have now taught three classes at the local high school. I was very nervous for the first class, but I feel way more comfortable now. Last week we went on volunteer visits and I stayed in the department (or state) of Leon. It was really nice to see how volunteers live after they get to their sites. Plus, I got to go to the beach, Las Peñitas!!

While I´ve been here, I´ve also gotten to see the President of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega, speak; went to a rodeo, Nica-style, which includes a monkey riding a bull; hiked down to the Laguna de Apoya (and while hiking back up, thought that I would never make it!); learned that I live with bats, among many other animals; and met a lot of great people!!!

No comments: