Saturday, May 19, 2007

On Monday we will start our 3rd week of training. We will be in training until mid-July but the first few weeks have flown by. We are kept very busy working on projects and going to training sessions on every topic imaginable. My training town is very small, only about 3000 people. It´s nice though because everything is within walking distance and everyone knows us already. My family is very nice. My new Nica family includes a mom, her two sons (ages 11 and 12) and a grandpa and grandma. They take very good care of me!! All of the food here that I´ve tried so far is really good. There is a lot of rice and beans, but it´s always supplemented by other things like meat, cheese, vegetables and lots of fresh fruit. I´ve never seen so many mangoes in my life!! I think I´m slowly get used to the heat, or at least being hot all the time! (Or maybe its just finally cooling off since rainy season is beginning)

I haven´t traveled too much yet, mainly just to the neighboring towns and to Managua for training. I did go to Granada last weekend which is on the huge lake with the freshwater sharks. I took a boat tour of some of the isletas, but unfortunately didn´t see any sharks....maybe next time! In Masaya (which is about 20 min by bus) there is a huge market with everything you could ever want. At least I know where to go if I need to stock up on anything.

Thanks to all who have written and for those who haven´t, I hope to hear from you soon! My time is running out, but I hope to have more updates soon!

3 comments:

mom said...

Sounds like you are adjusting well. Hope your Spanish is working for you now. Miss you.
MOM

Kellie Hosch said...

Hey! This is officially the first blog I have ever been on! In fact I don't even know if I really know what a blog is! :) It was great to hear from you! I hope you will get a chance to meet up with Megan, even if it's just for a short time. So how hot is it there? I can't believe you would ever complain about it being too HOT!!! I already have our AC on - you know I like it COLD! Take Care little missy - Love ya - Kellie

Megan said...

yeah, this country is not for anyone who depends on AC!! although, i was actually a little cold this morning (cold showers don't help)...

i'll definately be able to see megan, unless we are out of site for some reason.